Implementation of an HCI solution including network components at DILAX
Softline supported DILAX in replacing a difficult-to-manage, inflexible system infrastructure and setting up a future-proof hyper-converged solution. "This new HCI solution has allowed us to chart an important future course for our infrastructure, which we at DILAX live by anyway for our own portfolio. We are glad that we could count on the valuable support of Softline in this step." Robert Selle, Managing Director/ CFO, DILAX Intelcom GmbH.
With the vision "Local Data for better Cities", DILAX has been dealing with local data since 1988 and supports public and private partners in extracting relevant information from their data. To this end, the medium-sized company with headquarters in Berlin develops and implements excellent hardware and software solutions. Their dynamic processes and high quality requirements need a solid, scalable and flexible IT infrastructure - with this in mind, DILAX turned to Softline.
More about DILAX.
Job to be done
- Low staff capacity in the IT department
- Historically grown system infrastructure that was difficult to manage and inflexible and could not follow the growth trend
- Objective: System with low resource input for management as well as operation and consolidation of deployed vendors
- Consulting services around a hyperconverged infrastructure
- Choice of the leading vendor for a flexible, agile and easy-to-manage HCI: Nutanix
- Implementation during ongoing business operations
- Flexible budget planning tailored to the customer and precise realization
- Achieve high availability for VM, applications and storage
- Minimal administrative overhead
- Low acquisition costs, savings on data center operations, low lifecycle costs/"pay as you grow" concept.
- Simple, economical scaling and management of the data center, web-based management interface, one-click operations (e.g. infrastructure update), self-service provisioning
- Business agility through scale-out architecture
- Performance gain in the build and deployment process of the development department
- Resources freed up for better end-user support when deploying specific applications